An independent program linking spelling rules and composition
With this booklet you can be assured that your students are not just learning the most important rules of spelling, but are learning to make spelling decisions as they write. By their third year of school, students are increasing their writing and editing skills. Knowing the most common spelling rules and demonstrating proper use in composition enables the students to internalize these rules. New rules are introduced clearly, activities are given for practice, and new knowledge is applied in paragraphs of their own composition. When complete, they have a reference for future work.
Included in each spiral bound booklet:
- Progressive lessons for 11 of the most common and consistent spelling rules in our language
- A student activity for each new rule
- Two creative writing pages for each new rule
- Nine review pages and a teacher instruction guide
Easy to use format for work with the movable alphabet
This should be all you need for your elementary dictation program, presented in a ready-to-mount format. 207 carefully staged word lists in three progressive sets are laser-printed in clear Courier 24 point typeface, with bold letters emphasizing the study problem.
All pages are printed on crack-and-peel adhesive backing providing quick, wrinkle-free mounting. Lists are titled, numbered and sequenced, printed three per page and centered for easy cutting. You may purchase sets together or separately.
Purchase as separate levels or as a complete set.
Level One (#S3)--Beginning Phonics 35 pages, 104 lists including short vowels, silent e, consonant blands and digraphs, dephthongs, long vowels and review lists ($42.00)
Level Two (#S4)--Vowel Phonograms 15 pages, 44 lists including ways of making long a, e, i, o, and u, and non-phonetic ways of spelling short e, o, u, and oo ($23.00)
- Level Three (#S5)--Blends and Digraphs 20 pages, 59 lists including multiple ways of making er, ow, oy, aw, air, and or, some unusual spellings, suffixes, and more ($27.00)
Complete Set (#S2): Includes all three levels ($81.00)
An individualized homework program for third year students
The Homophones Program is designed for students who are writing independently and have reached the stage where distinction between word spellings is important to their language progress. It is planned to be a homework program. The set of masters is for the teacher to use as needed, tailoring the program to the specific abilities of her students, or following the program as given.
The set includes:
- 23 lists of words (5 pairs of words in each list)
- 23 homophone tests (one per list) and answer keys
- 8 review tests (one for every three lists) and answer keys
- A form letter to parents to explain the program
- A two-page model of a completed assignment
- A one-page instruction sheet for students
- A complete description for teachers